Daintree Divorce Consulting provides the education and guidance you need to make sound financial decisions. Your divorce will likely be the largest financial event of your lifetime. The legal and financial decisions you make during this emotional time will affect your financial future.
The divorce process can be especially arduous for a spouse who has had limited involvement in the family’s financial decisions. There is often fear and anxiety around one’s financial future. Daintree Divorce Consulting provides you with the information you need to gain an understanding of your current financial situation, helps you articulate your values and financial goals, and supports you as you make timely financial decisions. We offer creative options and financial strategies necessary to ensure you obtain the best possible outcome. By working with us, you will gain peace of mind. You will know what your financial life will look like after divorce so you can confidently resolve your financial disputes and reach a settlement agreement.
As Certified Divorce Financial Analysts® (CDFAs™), CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioners (CFP® practitioners) and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs); we are experienced in the intricacies of the financial issues in divorce. We work closely with you and your attorney or mediator to help you understand how the decisions you make will impact your financial future. We can assist you in many ways:
- Gathering data to build a complete picture of your financial situation.
- Uncovering assets that you may not be aware of or may have overlooked.
- Preparing reports illustrating your pre-divorce and post-divorce net worth, cash flow, and expenses to help you better understand your assets and the short-term and long-term impact of the financial decisions you face.
- Collaborating and strategizing with you and your attorney or mediator to build creative options to complicated settlement issues.
- Offering insight into the pros and cons of alternative settlement proposals to help you choose an option most consistent with your goals.
- Conserving precious emotional and financial resources.
- Offering an objective viewpoint during an emotional time and providing a cost/benefit perspective of pursuing certain financial issues.
- Helping you avoid the common financial mistakes made in divorce.
- Explaining the tax ramifications of spousal and child support and the importance of securing support payments.
- Designing planning strategies that help you transition into your new financial life.